Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I am CRAZY for...oil??


No, I am not promoting the oil you fry your chicken in or bake in your cakes (I actually suggest avoiding those oils at all costs...I especially dislike the chicken part and only if the cake is vegan)... Anyways...the oil I am totally obsessed with is the oil you slather on your face...and body too! Crazy I know, but the Ancient Romans used perfumed oil all the time to cleanse the grime off themselves and keep their feet smelling good. So this idea is not new.

I was skeptical and terrified :/ at first by just the thought of putting oil on my face. I have acne prone skin and my last intention was to feed my face oil. However, after reading reviews on Philosophy's new Purity Made Simple cleansing oil, I had to try it.

You first apply the oil on damp hands and it becomes warmer after rubbing your hands together (kinda cool actually). Then you rub the oil on your DRY face (I repeat, do not wet your face before applying the product!) and apply in circular motions with your fingertips. After a few seconds of rubbing, you can literally feel the makeup melting away and all of the nasty dirt just come off. You are supposed to massage your face for 30-60 seconds, but I went longer cause it felt so good an moisturizing. Works well with the Clarisonic too! Then you just rince your face off with warm water and let your face dry. I always air dry my face to avoid bacteria from used towels. Now..just to be sure the cleansing oil did it's job, I took a cotton ball with toner on it and swiped the cotton ball all over my face. The verdict: Not a TRACE of dirt or makeup...and I use lots of foundation! The only caveat, was that it did not remove all of my eye makeup...but that's Dior mascara for ya! The best part was...no breakouts afterwards!

Another oily product that is miraculous is Clarins Double Serum. I got this as a sample and was a little upset at first because the sales lady gave me tons of samples for AGING! Was she trying to say something? I don't know, but because of that one sample, I will forever be a Clarins fan! I <3 samples! Anyways...this serum is an oily product that your skin instantly soaks up and it is supposed to work well for wrinkles, firmness, and radiance. I haven't used it enough to see results for the firmness...and I don't know what wrinkles your talking about, but the RADIANCE factor...OMG...instant results! My skin glowed immediately after putting it on and when I woke up in the morning my skin still looked fresh and dewy! The scent is fresh too!

So there you have it. Go and give oil a chance! Maybe those Romans weren't so crazy after all for slathering oil on their skin.

Stay tuned for my fall make-up haul and Clarisonic review. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment